Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Beginning (by Bill)

We have been inspired by our friends whose blogs we love to read. We admire their writing and the warm and funny stories that they share. Hopefully we will add something of value to the blogsphere. As I have said, we are all famous in very small circles. Welcome to our circle.

This week we are in So. Illinois spending Christmas with my Mom. Notice sweatshirt. She is an expert in PR. (The chair behind her makes the picture look like she has a vinyl arm. Not so.)It is a 500 mile drive but we have gotten pretty good at it and arrived uneventfully. We are having a great time visiting, talking to the kids and grandkids on the phone and eating raisin pie! Joyce thinks it is an acquired taste. I think it is probably a southern thing but since I grew up with it I'm happy to have some when we visit "home". We have an 18" Christmas tree with ornaments and lights sitting on a stand covered with red towels and surrounded by pretty gifts. And we have too much food for three people... I think this is one of the difficult things to get used to... scaling back on making food when you still have the idea that holidays include a lot of people being together. Age and distance sometimes change this equation but the memories persist.

--Bill

1 comment:

Joel said...

Nice tree, it beats ours. It looks like you all had a good time.